But what does that even mean? Can laughing cure cancer? Can it heal open wounds? Can it remove corns? ( I've this nagging and irritating corn on my leg)
No, I guess, it cannot. But laughing can do one thing, can bring about one important thing which I believe, can. Happiness.
Today was chionging day. I was left with the daunting task of finishing 3 A and E math papers. And to start the day, I was looking at the numbers 1230. Yup, the time I got up. So much for waking up early and starting the day quick. So I grudgingly picked up the compilation and started with an Emath paper 2. And then moved to an A math paper 1. And so on.
PY came over to share the joy of doing our homework, and it really does feel better when you have someone beside you, seeing how motivated he is makes me want to do more and more. And I bet seeing how motivated I am, he wants to do more too. Mutual benefits.
What started off as a dull day soon became nothing like it, we managed to laugh while doing our work, enjoying ourselves as we did the papers, 1 question by 1 question. Laughter, strangely, was found when we enjoyed ourselves, and enjoyment it seemed, was found when we laughed. Mutual benefits.
When I went to the mall to cut my hair, I wasn't afraid this time unlike other times. I laughed about it, told the barber what I wanted ( sides and back short, top spikey, though my hair really just cant be spikey sadly) and enjoyed the cut. After, PY said my hair was abit out of proportion but that it was okay. I laughed about it, saying that it looked not bad but what the heck, this is me and haircuts aren't going to change any part of me. Except maybe now I really look like a chestnut lol.
I guess today's post is really random, I mean, Laughter? We all know what it is and how its associated with happiness. But I found out today that laughter is also a choice, laughter can come when YOU choose for it to come, when YOU say I want it. I want laughter. Today, I wanted laughter to come, and laughter came. Without hesitation or reluctance, it came, filled my heart and made today a really enjoyable and fruitful day.
The joy of the Lord is your strength.
Nehemiah 8:9
The joy of the lord is always near you, and when You choose to say: I want joy, I choose to be happy, then the joy comes! And the joy will be your strength, just as it had been my strength to do my work today.
Federer won in straight sets, I just found out I received brilliant gifts from my sister and I'm still reading the awesome birthday cards over and over again.
Life keeps getting better.
Nut, out
No comments:
Post a Comment